HealthBridge’s Livable Cities program aims to improve health, equity, and the environment in developing countries by focusing on how cities are planned, designed, built, and adapted. Currently we have projects in Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Vietnam. Through this program we aim to:
- Improve the social and physical environment of cities;
- Reduce inequity through walking, cycling, and public transit infrastructure investments, while increasing overall quality of life;
- Reduce poverty through reduced transport costs and increased employment opportunities for the poor;
- Improve gender equity through increased mobility of women and girls; and
- Reduce obesity and non-communicable disease through increased physical activity and improved nutrition.
HealthBridge’s Livable Cities program works in partnership with local NGOs, academic institutions and governments in developing countries. We help local partners identify needs, develop and implement appropriate solutions, apply innovative and sustainable practices, and promote effective policies through research and action.
1 Nicholas Street, Suite 1004
Ottawa, ON K1N 7B7 CANADA
Suite 202&203, E4 Buiding, Trung Tu Diplomatic Compound,
No.6 Dang Van Ngu, DongDa, Hanoi, Vietnam
HealthBridge - Bhilai, India
c/o House # 540, Gandhinagar
Nehru Nagar P O
Location: Ottawa, Canada
SLoCaT Focal Person: