Sustainable Development Goals & Transport
2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
In September 2015, the United Nations General Assembly adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The 2030 Agenda is composed of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) which are supported by 169 targets. Sustainable transport has been included in 7 of the 17 goals and is covered directly by 5 targets and indirectly by 7 targets indirectly.
Indicators for Post-2015 Development Agenda
An important part of the negotiations on the post-2015 development agenda will be on the indicators for targets under each sustainable development goal. The Inter-agency and Expert Group on the Sustainable Development Goal Indicators (IAEG-SDGs) has been tasked to develop an indicator framework for the goals and targets of the post-2015 development agenda at the global level, and to support its implementation.
Third Meeting of the IAEG-SDGs, 30 March to 1 April 2016
The third meeting of the Inter-agency and Expert Group on the Sustainable Development Goal Indicators (IAEG-SDGs), is held from 30 March to 1 April 2016 in Mexico City, Mexico. SLoCaT Partnership is being represented by Xtabai Padilla of ITDP Mexico and Leticia Ramos of EMBARQ Mexico in the meeting.
Please also see: SLoCaT Recommendations for the Third Meeting of the IAEG-SDGs, SLoCaT Partnership prepared for the meeting.
First Meeting of the IAEG-SDGs, 1-2 June 2015
The report of the first meeting of the IAEG-SDGs held on 1-2 June 2015 is now available online here. The meeting was attended by 28 participants from 22 IAEG-SDGs member countries, as well as over 120 participants from observer countries, specialized agencies, funds, programmes, the UN Secretariat and Regional Commissions, and regional and international organizations. More than 80 representatives from accredited civil society organizations also took part in the meeting.
- Report of the Inter-agency and Expert Group on Sustainable Development Goal Indicators: Note by the Secretary-General (with highlighted reference on transport) - March 2015
- First proposed priority indicator list from the 1st Meeting of the Inter-agency and Expert Group on the Sustainable Development Goal Indicators (IAEG-SDGs) - June 2015
For more information, please go to the Sustainable Development Goal Indicators website.
SLoCaT Review of the Indicators for Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport
In the past months, the SLoCaT Partnership has conducted reviews of the indicators for sustainable, low carbon transport and compiled studies on the proposed indicators:
- SLoCaT Partnership Comments Submitted to IAEG-SDG - November 2015
- SLoCaT Comments on Revised IAEG-SDGs Indicators - August 2015
- SLoCaT Review of Existing and Potential Indicators on Transport to Support the SDGs-DRAFT In Progress - March 2015
- SLoCaT Proposed SDG Indicators on Sustainable Transport - March 2015
- Technical report by the Bureau of the United Nations Statistical Commission (UNSC) on the process of the development of an indicator framework for the goals and targets of the post-2015 development agenda - February 2015
- Indicators and Monitoring Framework for the SDGs by Sustainable Development Solutions Network - January 2015
- SLoCaT Partnership's Response to the SDSN's Draft Report on Proposed Indicators and Monitoring Framework for the SDGs