Natural Resources Forum, a United Nations Sustainable Development Journal, issued by the Division for Sustainable Development of the United Nations, calls for papers for a special issue on Sustainable Transport, to be published in 2015.
Articles submitted for this special issue should be scientifically sound and relevant to global, national or local policymaking, and should address transport from a sustainable development perspective, i.e. treating economic, social, and environmental dimensions in an integrated way. Angles of interest can include:
• Global and regional trends in transport and implications for climate change and/or sustainable development;
• Sub-sector focuses (e.g. road, railway, aviation, and maritime transport) on trends and implications for climate change in particular and sustainability in general;
• Geographical focus on rural, urban, national, or regional (cross-border) transport;
• Impacts of international policies on trade, urban development, rural development, regional integration, industry, climate change mitigation, agriculture, etc on moving towards sustainable transport;
• Sustainability impacts of national transport policies, regulations and incentives;
• Measuring sustainability of transport;
• Trends and innovation, profitability, barriers to development and large-scale implementation of clean and low carbon transport technologies;
• Financing of sustainable, low carbon transport;
• Integrated planning for sustainable cities, including modal shifts, low carbon strategies and their impact on reduction of Greenhouse Gas emissions;
• Linkage of sustainable, low carbon transport to the post-2015 development process;
• Case studies on sustainable transport at the city or national level.
Some notes on the articles:
- Articles should contain original material and should be between 6,000 and 8,000 words in length.
- Contributions to the journal are accepted at the NRF manuscript submission site at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/nrf.
- Author guidelines may be consulted at: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1477-8947/homepage/ForAuthors.html
- Questions and comments may be addressed to: NRFORUM@un.org
- Visit us at : www.wileyonlinelibrary.com/journal/nrf