- This event has passed.
Workshop on pre-2020 ambition: urbanization and the role of governments in facilitating climate action in cities
14 November 2013 @ 4:00 pm
16.00 – 16.20 Opening session
Opening of the workshop by ADP co-chairs
- Opening remarks by facilitator H. E. Mr. Burhan Gafoor
- Introductory presentation by Mr. Yunus Arikan, Head of Global Policy and Advocacy, ICLEI
- Key note address by Ms. Karin Kemper, Director for Climate Change, World Bank
16.20 – 17.30 Panel 1: Sustainable transport policies and their climate change benefits
Keynote presentation by Mr. Cornie Huizenga, Co-Convener, Partnership on Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport (SLoCaT)
- Mr. Juan Camilo Florentino, Environmental Affairs Advisor, Urban Sustainable Mobility Unit, Ministry of Transport, Colombia.
- Professor Jiang Kejun, Director of Energy Research Institute, National Development Reform Council, China
- Mr. Michal Olszewski, Deputy Mayor, Warsaw
- Ms. Christine Ogut, Planning Manager, Kenya Urban Roads Authority
Questions and answers
17.30 – 18.45 Panel 2: Policies in building sector and their climate change benefits
Keynote presentation by Mr Mohamed El-Soufi, Coordinator, Global Housing Strategy, UN Habitat
- Dr. Savvas Verdis, Urban Infrastructure Economist, Siemens (WBCSD)
- Mr. James Drinkwater, Senior Policy Advisor for the Europe Regional Network, World Green Buildings Council
- Ms. Ines Lockhart, Senior Technical Advisor for Climate Change, City of Buenos Aires
- Mr. Cheah Sin Liang, Deputy Director, National Climate Change Secretariat, Singapore
- Questions and answers
18.45 – 19.00 Concluding remarks by facilitator H. E. Mr. Burhan Gafoor
Please click here to download the Agenda Workshop.