- This event has passed.
Social Development and Economical and Environmental Responsibility
18 February 2014 @ 10:00 am
The Baltic Sea Forum organized a side event “Social Development and Economical and Environmental Responsibility” Fifty-Second Session of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD52) will take place from 11 – 21 February 2014 at United Nations Headquarters in New York. The priority theme is “Promoting empowerment of people in achieving poverty eradication, social integration and full employment and decent work for all”.
Welcome: Mrs Katharina Brecht, Baltic Sea Forum, UN NGO Main Representative, Moderator
Welcome Address: H.E. Heiko Thoms, Ambassador, Deputy Permanent Representative of the Permanent Mission of Germany to the United Nations
- Mrs Rita Kazragiene, Minister Counsellor, Deputy Permanent Representative of the Republic of Lithuania, Keynote Speaker
- Mr Kurt Bodewig, Former Federal Minister for Transportation, Infrastructure and Housing in Germany, Chairman of the Executive Board of the Baltic Sea Forum, Maritime Ambassador in Germany of the EU Commission and Honorary Consul of Lithuania
- Ms. Marina Rimpo, Port of Hamburg Marketing, Lead PartnerProject ACL
- Mr. Gunnar Platz, Executive Partner of PLANCO Consulting GmbH
- Mr. Michael Replogle, Managing Director for Policy & Founder Institute for Transportation & Development Policy
- H.E. Mr. Durga Prasad Bhattarai, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of the Permanent Mission of the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal to the United Nations (requested)