- This event has passed.
The 4th Global Infrastructure Basel (GIB) Summit 2014
21 May 2014 @ 12:00 am
The 4th Global Infrastructure Basel (GIB) Summit 2014 will be held at the Congress Center Basel in Switzerland on 21-22 May 2014. We expect approx. 500 participants from about 50 countries. Partners are, amongst others, the Swiss State Secretariat of Economic Affairs SECO, the World Bank, the UNEP Finance Initiative, the China Development Bank, the China International Contractors Association, the C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group, the Inter-American Development Bank, ICLEI etc.
The summit kicks off with an Interactive Workshop on the Harvard Business School Case Study Method by Prof. John Macomber, Harvard Business School, Boston. GIB will present two BRT projects at the Investment Forums, one from Agadir, Morocco and one from Dhaka, Bangladesh. Other transportation project are from Belo Horizonte, Brazil and a Comprehensive City Mobility Plan for Shimla, India. Please find more information on our projects on our online project finder. Also, please not that Workshop 2 is on “Sustainable Transportation Initiatives”.
Over 40 speakers are already confirmed among them are:
- Jamie Caruana, General Manager and CEO, Bank for International Settlements
- Ambassador Michael Gerber, Special Representative for Global Sustainable Development, Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs
- Barbara Kux, Member of Board of Directors of Total and Henkel, Member of SDSN Leadership Council
- Mayor Parks Tau, Mayor of the City of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Giles Dickson, VP Environmental Policies & Global Advocacy, Alstom Group
- Keiko Honda, Executive Vice President, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency MIGA
- Michael Replogle, Managing Director for Policy and Founder, Institute for Transportation and Development Policy
- Sean Kidney, CEO, Climate Bonds Initiative
For more information on the programme, please log on to: www.gib-foundation.org/highlights-glance. During investment forums there will be the possibility to get to know developers of huge infrastructure projects that are still looking for investors and solution providers.
SLoCaT Members can get a 70% discount on their attendance fee if they use a special discount code until 17 May 2014. Please contact Talya Enriquez Romano at email@example.com to learn more about the discount code.