- This event has passed.
Mobilising sustainable transport for global climate action
1 May 2018 @ 4:45 pm
The event will highlight how the Global Climate Action (GCA) – Transport initiatives are delivering action on the ground and developing strategies that will help scale up national ambition which can help trigger widespread action to decarbonize land transport. Speakers will include representatives from transport initiatives and leading international organisations engaged on low carbon transport responsible for implementing activities in the transport sector.
Moderator: Urda Eichhorst, Advisor Transport and Climate Change, German Development Cooperation (GIZ)
- 16:45 Introduction and context – Transport in climate policy, Urda Eichhorst, GIZ
- 16:55 Reflections on the Marrakesh Partnership – Tomasz Chruszczow, Special Envoy For Climate Change, High Level Champion, (TBC)
- 17:10 Global Climate Action Agenda (GCAA) – Transport – Mark Major, Partnership on Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport (SLoCaT)
- 17:30 Sustainable railway passenger transport: high speed rail and its challenges – Carole Escolan-Zeno, Head of Sustainability Unit, UIC
- 17:45 Maximising the impact of Global Climate Action – Transport in the climate process – Sander Chan, Senior Researcher, German Development Institute (TBC)
- 18:00 General questions and debate
- 18:10 Close – Moderator