- This event has passed.
Transport Decarbonisation Alliance
12 September 2018 @ 12:00 pm
The Transport Decarbonization Alliance (TDA) brings together leading cities, companies and countries to accelerate the worldwide transformation of the transport sector towards a net-zero emission mobility system before 2050. The TDA builds on statements of intent by those Heads of States, Mayors and CEOs that have expressed their intent to decarbonize before 2050. It targets all transport emissions from all modes of passenger mobility and freight transport. The Alliance aims to become the most visible, creative and effective nexus of public/private cooperation to allow the transport sector to meet the Paris Agreement objectives.
The event, hosted by the Netherland’s State Secretary for Infrastructure and Water Management, will present the Alliance, its objectives, members’ activities as well as the Alliance’s work program.
The Transport Decarbonisation Alliance has the following goal that they will aim to achieve in a collective effort:
1. Substantiated scaled-up ambition for the transport sector: designing a common vision for “front-runners”
setting up “3 Cs Communities of Interest”
3. Effective advocacy: influencing political decision-makers in key international fora on climate change (e.g. UNFCCC), sustainable development (e.g. UN High Level Political Forum – SDGs); international political processes (e.g. EU, G7, G20, B20) and through bilateral dialogues.
Who are the members of the TDA?
The TDA consists of countries, cities/regions and companies (the “3Cs”) who have commited to:
- Make a public commitment to accelerate action to decarbonise transport to meet a “net-zero emissions” sector as soon as possible;
- Share regular up-to-date information about their objectives, actions, progress and experiences in decarbonising transport;
- Promote strategic direction, action guidelines and tools provided by the TDA ecosystem;
- Contribute actively to the promotion of the TDA objectives (as a TDA Ambassadors).
- Countries: Costa Rica, Finland, France, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal
- Cities: Gaia, Lisbon, Matosinhos, Porto, Rotterdam
- Companies: Alstom, Ceiia, EDP, ITAIPU BINACIONAL, Michelin, PTV Group
Find out more about the Transport Decarbonisation Alliance on the official website.