- This event has passed.
Africa Climate Week 2019
18 March 2019 @ 12:00 am
The Paris Process on Mobility and Climate (PPMC), a joint initiative of SLoCaT and Movin’ On, will actively engage at the Africa Climate Week. The regional climate week is from 18 to 22 March 2019 in Accra, Ghana. Please refer to the official website for general information.
Sustainable Transport Events
Key Messages on Transport and Climate Change
During the Africa Climate Week, PPMC is promoting key messages developed in consultation with members and partner organizations:
- Net decarbonization of the transport sector by 2050 is possible, but will require an immediate and concerted turnaround of global policy action
- Sustainable transport is necessary for countries to deliver on their Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs)
- Safe, low carbon, efficient and affordable mobility for all is essential to sustainable human development and must be enabled in all sustainable development policies
- Investments in low carbon transport can yield substantial, long-term benefits by increasing social cohesion and equity and reducing disability and deaths
- Integrated mobility solutions have the potential to transform transport systems into more efficient, low carbon, clean air, people-centered and planet-sensitive solutions
- The Paris Process on Mobility and Climate and the global transport community stand ready to support development and implementation of country, city and company actions on climate change and transport