- This event has passed.
Sustainable Transport and Mobility: Essential Building Blocks for Global Sustainable Development
26 March 2012 @ 1:15 pm
This event will discuss transport’s role in advancing a green economy within the context of sustainable development and poverty eradication. It will focus on indicators and metrics by which the sustainability of transport investments, programs, and policies can be appraised and how these might be employed to frame commitments by various countries and institutions through the Rio+20 conference.
- Holger Dalkman, EMBARQ/WRI Institute on sustainable transport: “Transport in a Green Economy”
- ICAO Representative, “Green Aviation – The role of Sustainable Alternative Fuels” (tbc)
- Michael Replogle, Global Policy Director and Founder, Institute for Transportation and Development Policy, “Measuring Transport Sustainability and Possible Voluntary Commitments on Sustainable Mobility Resulting from Rio+20”
- Rafael Acevedo- Daunas, Inter-American Development Bank and Sam Tumiwa, Asian Development Bank.
- Stephan Contius, Germany
- Hodayah Finman, United States of America
- Dana Kartakusuma, Assistant Minister of Environment for Economy and Sustainable Development, Indonesia