- This event has passed.
ITF Side Event on Financing Climate Change Mitigation in Transport
22 May 2013 @ 4:00 pm
On 22nd of May from 16:00 to 17:30 our Side Event on Financing Climate Change Mitigation in Transport will take place at the annual meeting of the International Transport Forum (ITF) in Leipzig. During the last years many actions in the transport sector, which could have brought significant GHG reductions and positive environmental impacts amongst other co-benefits, have been postponed or cancelled because of a lack of financial resources. NAMAs seem to be a promising new vehicle in the international climate regime to channel available climate funds into GHG mitigation in developing and emerging economies. This side event will present early experiences with NAMAs and discuss opportunities and expectations of developing countries, the private sector and multilateral development banks.
Moderation: Mr. Reinhard Loske
- Falk Heinen, Ministry Official, Section IG I 5 – Transport and Environment, Electric Mobility, German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety, Germany
- André Eckermann (Project Manager TRANSfer, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit, GIZ)
- Ko Sakamoto (Asian Development Bank)
- Ana María Contreras, General Director of Air Quality and Register of Emissions and Criteria Pollutants (Ministry of Environment, Mexico)
- Jerome Pourbaix (Senior Manager, UITP)
- Holger Dalkman (Director, EMBARQ program, World Resources Institute)
- Jorge Kogan (Director, Transport, CAF)