SLOCAT is the international multi-stakeholder partnership that enables collaborative knowledge and action for sustainable, low carbon transport and brings the voice of the movement into international climate change and sustainability processes. With a primary focus on land transport, and a geographic footprint targeted at the Global South; SLOCAT delivers on its mission through 3 mutually-reinforcing work streams: knowledge and policy analysis, advocacy and engagement, and dialogue and networking. The Partnership engages a vibrant international, multi-stakeholder ecosystem of over 90 entities across transport sector associations, knowledge and academia, governments, multilateral organisations, NGOs, philanthropy and industry; as well as a large community of world-class experts and change-makers.
The Policy Advocacy and Engagement Intern will support the SLOCAT Secretariat in policy advocacy and engagement in the context of key intergovernmental processes on climate change and sustainable development. The intern will work under the supervision of the Director of Global Advocacy and Engagement, and engage with a variety of SLOCAT Secretariat staff to support delivery of their work.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support in the formulation of value propositions for SLOCAT’s engagement in intergovernmental processes, including the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change, the UN High-Level Political Forum for Sustainable Development, the World Urban Forum, the Sendai Framework on Disaster Risk Reduction and others.
- Support in elaboration of advocacy messaging towards these global intergovernmental processes and based on new and existing SLOCAT knowledge products.
- Support the synergies between advocacy and knowledge management work in the SLOCAT Secretariat.
- Support the application and organisation of multi-stakeholder gatherings at these intergovernmental processes (primarily online), including agenda elaboration, speaker invitations, meeting materials, reporting and follow-up, IT and other logistics).
- Support the Secretariat mechanisms for coordinating SLOCAT partners’ engagement in these intergovernmental processes, e.g. Task Forces, public consultations, etc
- Provide general support across the Secretariat team, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (transport, climate change, sustainable development, public policy, international relations, etc.).
- Knowledge of or experience in intergovernmental processes, particularly in work around sustainable development and/or climate change, is a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English. Other languages are an asset.
- Excellent computer skills, with knowledge of G Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Detail-oriented and organised thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and across time zones.
- Proven ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
This is a paid internship position (preferably full time) to be developed through remote work arrangements. Candidates available for a minimum of six months are invited to apply. Interested candidates should kindly submit an application (CV and one-page maximum motivation letter) to email@example.com by 11:59pm CEST on 3 June 2022, indicating earliest available start date and envisioned duration. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview.Policy Advocacy and Engagement Intern