ITF Annual Summit 2017: Governance of Transport
May 31, 2017 to June 2, 2017
Event website: http://2017.itf-oecd.org/
The ITF’s 2017 Summit on Governance of Transport will explore the trends shaping transport governance and identify the most pressing challenges in the transport sector. Through the governance lens, it will focus on infrastructure, global connectivity, the right regulation for innovation, and urban access and mobility.
Transport governance affects decisions regarding everything from local cycle paths to global trade routes. The governance framework both responds to and shapes decision-making and policies addressing inter alia environmental and climate considerations, working conditions, accessibility, and technical solutions, as well as organisational and financial challenges for the sector that are in constant flux. Important factors in this include legislative and regulatory frameworks, attribution and devolution of responsibilities between different levels of authority and across sectors and involvement of stakeholders.
Infrastructure for tomorrow’s mobility needs
- How can better governance help increase infrastructure investment?
- Should users or taxpayers fund infrastructure investment?
- Which private financing models work best?
Connectivity for a global economy and inclusive society
- What does the shift from a modal perspective to a focus on access and mobility mean for transport governance?
- In which ways can technology drive network connectivity and foster cooperation?
- How can transport governance better interface with other sectors?
Regulation for innovation
- How can regulation strike the best balance between protecting consumers and fostering innovation?
- Where are governments regulating ahead of change and with what results?
- How should regulation adapt to disruptive innovation like autonomous cars or open data?
Urban access for better mobility
- What are the most effective governance frameworks for integrated urban transport?
- How can transport governance best integrate with spatial planning?
- How can national authorities create effective frameworks for funding urban mobility and access?
See programme here