The SLoCaT Foundation (officially “Stichting Partnership on Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport (SLoCaT) Foundation") was established in August 2014 in The Hague, the Netherlands to enable, facilitate and support the SLoCaT Partnership in promoting sustainable, low carbon transport.
Please see: The official document of registration (in Dutch)
Governance Structure of the SLoCaT Foundation
Constitution and By-Laws
The functioning of the SLoCaT Foundation is overseen by a nine-person Board of Directors. Five Board members represent the SLoCaT Partnership, while four others represent the Supporters of the SLoCaT Foundation. The Board is co-chaired by Holger Dalkmann, Director, Strategy and Global Policy at the EMBARQ-WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities and Amy Kenyon, Program Officer, Equitable Development at the Ford Foundation. Alain Flausch, Secretary General of the International Association for Public Transport (UITP) serves as the Treasurer of the Board.
Full list of the board members are presented below:
- Holger Dalkmann, Director, Strategy and Global Policy, EMBARQ, WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities (Co-Chair)
- Amy Kenyon, Program Officer, Equitable Development, Ford Foundation (Co-Chair)
- Alain Flausch, Secretary General, International Association of Public Transport (UITP) (Treasurer)
- Katia Araujo, Director of Programs, Huairou Commission
- Manfred Breithaupt, Senior Transport Advisor at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Jorge H. Kogan, Senior Advisor to the Vice President of Infrastructure, Development Bank of Latin America (CAF)
- Rima le Coguic, Head of Sustainable Energy, Telecom and Transport Division at the Agence Française de Développement (AFD)
- Clarisse Cunha Linke, Country Director, Institute for Transportation and Development Policy(ITDP) Brazil
- Winnie Mitullah, Director of the Institute for Development Studies (IDS) and Associate Research Professor, University of Nairobi
- Margarita Parra, Program Officer, The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
- Sanjivi Sundar, Distinguished Fellow, The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
- Bronwen Thornton, Development Director, Walk 21
- Geetam Tiwari, TRIPP Chair Professor at the Department of Civil Engineering of the Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi
In alignment with the Chapter III of the Constitution of the SLoCaT Foundation, an independent Impartiality Committee (IC) was established in January 2016 to help the Foundation ensure the impartiality of its governance and functioning. The main task of the IC was to review the governance and funding structure of the SLoCaT Foundation, and recommend any changes needed to improve the impartiality of the SLoCaT Foundation.
The appointed members of the first IC were Maryvonne Plessis-Fraissard (Chair), Michael Fahy and Henrik Gudmundsson.
Please see: Final Impartiliaty Committee Report for the results of the Impartiality Committee Review
For the continued success of the SLoCaT Partnership and the SLoCaT Foundation it is important to have adequate and sustainable financial resources. This can be achieved by bringing together a diverse and dedicated group of supporters who are willing to contribute to the SLoCaT Foundation and the activities of the SLoCaT Partnership. The organizations who have committed to provide financial assistance to the SLoCaT Foundation are known as “Supporters of the SLoCaT Foundation”.
The Supporters of the SLoCaT Foundation are classified in three categories;
- Diamond Supporters: Organizations that provide unrestricted funding of at least US$ 50,000 per year; or equivalent amount for programs or events included in the SLoCaT Foundation’s Annual Business Plan over a 12 month period
- Platinum Supporters: Organizations that provide unrestricted funding of at least US$ 25,000 per year; or equivalent amount for programs or events included in the SLoCaT Foundation’s Annual Business Plan over a 12 month period
- Gold Supporters: Organizations that provide unrestricted funding of at least US$ 10,000 per year; or equivalent amount for programs or events included in the SLoCaT Foundation’s Annual Business Plan over a 12 month period
Organizations interested to become a Supporter of the SLoCaT Foundation are requested to contact SLoCaT’s Secretary General Cornie Huizenga (email@example.com).
Quarterly Reports of the SLoCaT Foundation
The SLoCaT Secretariat prepares quarterly reports to present the progress taken on the goals and activities indicated in the Annual Work Program. These quarterly reports are reviewed by the Board of the SLoCaT Foundation and shared with the members of the SLoCaT Partnership.
- SLoCaT Partnership Quarterly Report October - December 2015
- SLoCaT Partnership Quarterly Report July - September 2015
- SLoCaT Partnership Quarterly Report April - June 2015
- SLoCaT Partnership Quarterly Report January-March 2015
- SLoCaT Annual Report 2014
- SoCaT Quarterly Report May-September 2014
- SLoCaT Quarterly Report January-April 2014