Transport Day 2014
December 7, 2014, 8:30am-7:00pm
Sheraton Hotel Lima, Lima, Peru
TRANSPORT TACKLES CLIMATE CHANGE @ COP 20
- Final Program Transport Day 2014
- Presentations from Transport Day Breakout Sessions
- IISD Report on Transport Day 2014
- Transport Day 2014 Photos
- Transport Side-events @COP20
- Transport & Climate Change Related Reports
- Transport Blog @COP20
- Para el sitio web Día del Transporte, por favor haga clic aquí
Following up the success of Transport Day 2013 in Warsaw, Poland; the Partnership on Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport and Bridging the Gap Initiative will also organize a Transport Day in 2014 on Sunday December 7th, in the context of COP20 in Lima, Peru. The venue for Transport Day 2014 is the Sheraton Lima Hotel in Lima, Peru. In its third year, the slogan of Transport Day is "Transport Tackles Climate Change @ COP20". The full day event will bring international experts on transport and climate change to discuss the contribution sustainable, low carbon transport can make to climate change discussions.
For more information about the objectives of Transport Day 2014, please see Transport Day 2014 Concept Note.
The program of Transport Day 2014 will be a combination of plenaries with breakout sessions. The morning plenary will focus on how transport can tackle climate change through the global bodies and process like UNFCCC negotiations, IPCC reports and Sustainable Development Goals. The plenary will be followed by the four breakout sessions on:
- Mitigation Potential of Transport – linked to the ongoing discussions on Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs);
- NAMAs and MRV – how to ensure that transport sector does not lose ground in the development and implementation of NAMAs;
- Financing – linked to discussions on Green Climate Fund and other Climate Finance modalities;
- Adaptation – linked to discussions on acceleration of climate change adaptation;
The 20th Conference of the Parties (COP20) of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change will take place in Lima, Peru from 1st to 12th of December 2014. The SLoCaT Partnership will highlight transport and climate change themed publications launched by SLoCaT members and others before and during COP20. Please click here to see the reports.
Sustainable Transport Focused Side Events
Media for Transport Day 2014
SLoCaT Partnership and Bridging the Gap Initiative welcomes Media Partners for Transport Day 2014. For more information, please visit the Media Corner for Transport Day 2014.