SLOCAT is the international, multi-stakeholder partnership powering systemic transformations and a just transition towards equitable, healthy, green and resilient transport and mobility systems for the people and the planet. We deliver on our mission through co-creation, co-leadership and co-delivery across knowledge, advocacy and dialogue activities in the intersection between transport, climate change and sustainability. Our multi-sectoral Partnership engages a vibrant and inclusive ecosystem across transport associations, NGOs, academia, governments, multilateral organisations, philanthropy and business; as well as a large community of world-class experts and change-makers. Going where others do not or cannot go individually, our Partnership is leveraged to set ambitious global agendas and catalyse progressive thinking and solutions for the urgent transformation of transport and mobility systems worldwide.
The Communications and Outreach Intern will support the SLOCAT Secretariat in advocacy and engagement and other general administrative tasks. The intern will work under the supervision of the Senior Advisor.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support outreach and communications work, including the maintenance of the SLOCAT Knowledge Hub and the Secretariat’s internal knowledge management system.
- Assist with the website maintenance, including making updates to text, images and other content as needed.
- Assist with the management of the social media accounts, including creating and scheduling posts.
- Assist with the creation and editing of various types of content, such as reports, blog posts, web templates, social media posts, videos and other visual elements and graphics.
- Support the coordination and scheduling of newsletter campaigns, including the update of media and subscribers’ contact lists.
- Support the data gathering and analysis of web and social media performance from Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Twitter and LinkedIn Analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is desirable (communications/ public relations, public administration, event management).
- Fluency in oral and written English. Other languages are an asset, particularly French.
- Excellent computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office and G Suite.
- Proficiency in content management systems (CMS), i.e. WordPress and Elementor and Divi page builder.
- Experience with graphic design and video editing softwares (i.e. Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro and Canva).
- Familiarity with social media management tools (Sendible) and email marketing platforms (MailChimp).
- Knowledge of analytics and metrics tools, such as Google Analytics, MonsterInsights, Facebook Insights and LinkedIn and Twitter Analytics.
- Detail-oriented and organised thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and across time zones.
- Proven ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Knowledge of transport, climate change or sustainable development is a plus.
This is a paid internship position (around 24 hours or three days per week) to be developed through remote work arrangements. Candidates available for a minimum of six months are invited to apply.
Interested candidates kindly submit your application (CV, motivation letter and sample works) to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. CET on 14 April 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview.