- This event has passed.
OWG-Side Event: Results Framework for Sustainable Transport
7 January 2014 @ 12:00 pm
For more information, please see Agenda and Summary of the Side Event.
Since Rio+20 UNDESA, UNHabitat and members of SLoCaT have been holding consultations on Transport in the post-2015 Development Agenda and possible formulations for a goal and targets supporting the multiple benefits and linkages of transport to economic growth including decent employment and poverty eradication as well as health, wellbeing and environment.
On January 7, 2014 a Review Meeting on Results Framework on Sustainable Transport was organized as a side event to the 7th Session of the Open Working Group on Sustainable Development Goals. This session brought out the outcomes of these consultations to date and a draft Results Framework for Sustainable Transport supported by UNHabitat, GIZ and DFID. The results framework is put forward as a cohesive approach pursuing the multi-benefits that emanate from better transport system planning and implementation.
12:00pm-12:30pm Light Lunch is served
12:30pm- 2:45pm Side Event in Conference Room 7, North Lawn Building
Chairpersons: Wu Hongbo, USG, UN-DESA (TBC), Joan Clos, USG UN Habitat; co-chairs of Friends of Sustainable Transport: H.E. Karel van Oosterom, Permanent Representative, the Netherlands PR (invited)
Overview of key global initiatives on sustainable, low carbon transport:
- Progress on Shifting Finance toward more Sustainable Transport, Implementation of MDB US$ 175 billion Rio+20 Voluntary Commitment– Tyrrell Duncan, Director, East Asia Transport and concurrently Practice Leader Transport, Asian Development Bank; Chair MDB Working Group on Sustainable Transport
- Draft Results Framework on Sustainable Transport, Phil Sayeg and Paul Starkey, Consultants to GIZ, DFID and UN-Habitat on the SLoCaT Results Framework
- Safe Roads for All – Saul Billingsley, Acting Director General FIA Foundation
- UIC sustainability initiative – J.P. Loubinoux, Secretary General, International Railway Association
- Environmentally Sustainable Transport Forums in Asia, and Latin America – CRC Mohanty, UN Centre for regional Development
- TRANSPORT DELIVERS Campaign – Cornie Huizenga, Joint Convener, SLoCaT Partnership