- This event has passed.
International Transport Forum Summit 2016: Green and Inclusive Transport
18 May 2016 @ 12:00 am
International Transport Forum (ITF)’s 2016 Summit on Green and Inclusive Transport will explore the importance of low-carbon transport as an essential element in the transition to a green growth economy as well as the changes needed to make transport more inclusive and provide access for everyone to jobs, public services, and other opportunities. The 2016 Summit in Leipzig, Germany will offer a rich programme of inspiring keynote addresses, interactive sessions, and discussions around these questions:
- Why is green and inclusive transport important for economic growth?
- What incentives are needed to shift users to more sustainable modes of transport?
- How can policy frameworks be refocused to bring accessibility to the centre of planning?
- What funding mechanisms are available for greener and more inclusive transport services?
- How can governments better support innovation and technologies that drive solutions?
Every year, the International Transport Forum at the OECD hosts the global summit of transport ministers in Leipzig, Germany. The Summit attracts ministers of transport from the ITF’s 57 member countries as well as leaders from business, academia, and international governmental and non-governmental organisations. More than 1000 delegates from around 70 countries participate each year in two-and-a-half days of debate and exchange on the future of transport and mobility.
The Annual Summit of the International Transport Forum is the premier global transport policy event. Join ministers, leaders and influencers in driving forward the debate about the future of transport. This conference addresses strategic and topical issues across all transport modes where participants can engage in the debate through a variety of session formats.
Registration for the event will open in early 2016. For more information, please visit the official website here.