- This event has passed.
SDG2 High-Level Roundtable 4 – Rural Transformation: Climate Resilient and Low Emission Food Systems
14 November 2017 @ 2:15 pm
Achieving “Zero Hunger” requires the transformation of the rural economy and strengthening of urban-rural connections. The High-Level Roundtable, “Rural Transformation: Climate Resilient and Low Emission Food Systems,” will discuss how rural transport and climate-smart food systems can be part of this transformation, and identify the key policy and investment needs to achieve SDG2, and the implementation of countries NDCs in two areas:
The development of climate-resilient and low-emission food systems that foster food security and nutrition and leaves no-one behind.
The acceleration of transport systems with low emissions that improve food security and agriculture produce and enhance resilience in food systems and agriculture value chains.
This will be a moderated discussion with an invited roundtable of 40 senior representatives from the agriculture and transport sectors with space for 90 observers.
- Anne Ouloto, Minister of Environment and Sustainable Development, Cote D’Ivoire
- Amadou Hott, Vice President, African Development Bank
- Judith Bryans, President, International Dairy Federation
- Mailes Zulu Muke, CEO, Save Environment and People Agency
- Chris Hood, President, Kellogg Europe
- Mark Rubarenzya, Head of Research, Uganda National Roads Authority
- Adnan Amin, Director General, IRENA
- Mailes Muke, CEO, Save Environment and People Agency
- Romina Picolotti, President, Center for Human Rights and the Environment
- Martin Frick, Senior Director for Policy and Programme Coordination (Chair)
- Bob Orr, former Special Advisor to UNSG on Climate Change (Moderator)