- This event has passed.
Sustainable Transport Events at High-level Political Forum
9 July 2018 @ 12:00 pm
Please see below an overview of transport events at the 2018’s High-level Political Forum (HLPF). At this year’s HLPF the main theme is “Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies” and the forum will review Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) 6 (Clean Water and Sanitation), SDG 7 (Affordable and Clean Energy), SDG 11 (Sustainable Cities and Communities), SDG 12 (Responsible Consumption and Production), SDG 15 (Life on Land) and SDG 17 (Partnership for the Goals). 47 countries are expected to submit their progress towards the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
For more information and an analysis of progress, please visit our HLPF 2018 report page.
July 9 (Monday), 2018
- 15:00 – 18:00: Practical Tools to Localize and Implement the SDG11 and the New Urban Agenda in Cities in the Developing World (UN-Habitat, Conference Room 5)
- 18:30 – 20:00: Tracking Urban-to-Global SDG Infrastructure Linkages (World Resources Institute, Conference Room A, register here)
- 18:30 – 20:00: The Future of Cities: Leveraging Frontier Technologies for Sustainable Development (World Resources Institute, Conference Room 4, register here)
July 10 (Tuesday), 2018
- 18:30 – 19:30: Walking tour on sustainable streets initiatives (NYCDOT/Mayor’s Office of International Affairs, Meeting point is Lobby of 2 UN Plaza)
July 12 (Thursday), 2018
- 10:00 – 13:00: Bridging and Building to a Renewable Energy Future: How to deliver at scale? (REN21, Permanent Mission of Germany to the UN, 871 UN Plaza, RSVP by July 10 here)
July 13 (Friday), 2018
- 13:15 – 14:45: Every Journey, Every Child: A Global Priority for Urban Sustainable Development (FIA Foundation, UN Delegates Dining Room, RSVP by July 2 to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 15:00 – 18:00: Using trade as a motor for achievement of the SDGs (UNCTAD, Conference Room 5)
July 16 (Monday), 2018
- 17:00 – 18:00: Jamaica – a case study in fuel economy policy (Global Fuel Economy Initiative, UN Environment Board Room, RSVP by July 6 to email@example.com)
July 17 (Tuesday), 2018
- 16:00 – 17:30: Local Actions for Global Commitments Special Event (Local 2030) (ITDP will contribute to Thematic Session 4: Scaling Local Climate, Air Quality and Clean Energy Solutions; RVSP by July 9 on the event page)