- This event has passed.
XIVth Walk21 International Conference on Walking and Liveable Communities
11 September 2013 @ 12:00 am
The worldwide most significant conference on walking and liveable communities will make its German debut in Munich from 11 – 13 September 2013. This is your chance to connect with experts from public administration and politics, consultancies and research institutions. Meet NGOs and activists from around the world and discuss the future of walking, the enhancement of urban quality of life and many other topics with them!
Walk21 Munich’s motto is „Walking Connects!“. The three-day international conference offers a unique platform for the active exchange of experiences, innovative problem-solving approaches and inspiration from around the world on the topic of walking promotion.
In approx. 150 presentations, lectures and excursions (walkshops), the topics of mobility and transport planning, urban design, health promotion, economy and politics etc. will be discussed regarding the following challenges:
- Policies and strategies for promoting walking
- Walking as a contribution to the enhancement of urban quality of life
- The promotion of health and social inclusion
- Attractive design of public spaces
- Road Safety
- Innovative campaigns sparking a desire for more mobility on foot
- Pilot projects and experiments in public space
- Maps & Apps: the influence of new media on walking/ orientationHep Monatzeder – Mayor of Munich
- Prof. Dr. (I) Elisabeth Merk – Head of Urban Planning, City of Munich
- Meleckidzedeck Khayesi – WHO
- Véronique Feypell de la Beaumelle – OECD
- Ann Frye – Ann Frye Ltd