The Transport Working Group facilitated knowledge-sharing and supported a platform for peer-exchange that was open to LEDS GP members and beyond.
- 2020 Asia LEDS Partnership Symposium (December 2020, Taipei): Hosted by the Taiwan Ministry of Economic Affairs to promote further exchanges and cooperation on the low carbon industry between Taiwan and other ALP members. Policy Analysis and Strategic Communications Officer Alice Yiu presented policy implications of the global processes on climate change and sustainable development for the transport sector.
- Co-organised the Pre-event on ‘Tracking progress in Asia’s transport transformation – Opportunities for linking SDG and NDC reporting’ under the NDC Transport Initiative for Asia (NDC-TIA) and the Low Emissions Development Strategy Global Partnership (LEDS GP) Transport Working Group to explore ideas towards a more integrated and structured reporting mechanism for the transport sector.
- Experiences and challenges in implementing electric mobility initiatives (November 2020): Co-organised with the Asia LEDS Partnership and provided a status update on electric mobility trends adopted in different countries.
- Intersection of Transparency, LTS, and Transportation in Asia (September 2020): Presented during a workshop series planned by USAID and ICF on transparency and long-term strategies.
- Participation of SLOCAT Secretary General Maruxa Cardama in a webinar series on post-COVID transitions (July 2020), focused on assisting developing countries to recover from the pandemic and the resulting economic crisis.
- Deep Transition and Integration of Power and Transport Systems (January 2020, Washington, DC): Co-led with the LEDS Energy Working Group and Reiner Lemoine Institut. It aimed to build capacity and increase knowledge of APEC member economies on integrated transportation and electricity systems. Brought together 30 individuals representing APEC islands and economies, international organisations and leading research institutes.
- Co-organisation of workshop, ‘Using Green Recovery for fast-tracking NDCs implementation in the transport sector in Asia’ (July 2020) with GIZ: To foster peer-to-peer exchange on good practices and build a network in Asia.