Transport Quick Wins
The 20 Transport Quick Wins is a course of immediate, bold and ambitious action that kick-start the transformation of the transport sector in the desired roadmap directions, and limit the lock-in effects of a high-carbon business-as-usual (BAU) scenario. They are:
- Tested at scale and are replicable with the possibility for large-scale impact;
- Technically and economically feasible in both developed and developing countries using available technologies;
- Available for both passenger and freight transport, with a reasonable balance between the two, and relevant to the ‘Avoid-Shift-Improve’ Framework.
These Transport Quick Wins have been selected through input from a broad set of transport experts and other stakeholders, and have been evaluated through multifaceted impact analysis. These actions have the potential to contribute toward reducing GHG emissions,thereby moderating climate impacts, while at the same time providing key development co-benefits such as improved access, increased efficiency, and enhanced safety.
- Quick Wins on Transport, Sustainable Development and Climate Change (2016)
- Low-Carbon Quick Wins: Integrating Short-Term Sustainable Transport Options in Climate Policy in Low-Income Countries (2019)
Stefan Bakker,* Gary Haq, Karl Peet, Sudhir Gota, Nikola Medimorec, Alice Yiu, Gail Jennings and John Rogers