SLOCAT Quick Wins on Transport,
Sustainable Development and Climate Change
The 20 SLOCAT Quick Wins on Transport, Sustainable Development and Climate Change is a course of immediate, bold and ambitious action for shifting the transport paradigm towards an equitable 1.5ºC Planet. The Transport Quick Wins were proposed through a wide consultation conducted by the SLOCAT Partnership with a broad set of transport experts and other stakeholders, and have been evaluated through multifaceted impact analysis. They are:
- Tested at scale and are replicable with the possibility for large-scale impact;
- Technically and economically feasible in both developed and developing countries using available technologies;
- Available for both passenger and freight transport, with a reasonable balance between the two, and relevant to the Avoid-Shift-Improve Framework.
These actions have the potential to contribute toward reducing GHG emissions, thereby moderating climate impacts, while at the same time providing key sustainability benefits. Stakeholders should take into consideration the Transport Quick Wins in the strategic planning, implementation, evaluation and review process of the SDGs.
- Quick Wins on Transport, Sustainable Development and Climate Change (2016)
- Low-Carbon Quick Wins: Integrating Short-Term Sustainable Transport Options in Climate Policy in Low-Income Countries (2019)
Stefan Bakker,* Gary Haq, Karl Peet, Sudhir Gota, Nikola Medimorec, Alice Yiu, Gail Jennings and John Rogers