SLOCAT is the international multi-stakeholder partnership that enables collaborative knowledge and action for sustainable, low carbon transport and brings the voice of the movement into international climate change and sustainability processes. With a primary focus on land transport, and a geographic footprint targeted at the Global South; SLOCAT delivers on its mission through 3 mutually-reinforcing work streams; knowledge and policy analysis; advocacy and engagement, and dialogue and networking. The Partnership engages a vibrant international, multi-stakeholder ecosystem of over 90 entities across transport sector associations, knowledge and academia, governments, multilateral organisations, NGOs, philanthropy and industry; as well as a large community of world-class experts and change-makers.
The data analysis intern will support evidence-based knowledge production and advocacy on transport, climate change and sustainable development. S/he will support data collection, development of methodologies, and the production of knowledge products. The intern will work under the supervision of the Director of Data Analysis and Research.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Data collection:
- Supports the collection of relevant data-sets on transport, climate change and sustainable development.
- Supports the collection of new and the update of existing data-sets on relevant topics and compiles them in provided matrices.
- Supports the maintenance of databases of the SLOCAT Secretariat.
- Data analysis:
- Supports quantitative and qualitative analysis by exploring new approaches.
- Analyses and summarises data through indicators, visualisations and reports.
- Knowledge product development:
- Supports the development of knowledge products by synthesising data and summarising key insights and trends to maximise impact within the sustainable, low carbon transport movement.
- Supports the translation of data into accessible, high quality knowledge products.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (transport, geography, engineering, environment studies); relevant work experience in lieu of degree is accepted.
- Knowledge of transport, climate change and sustainable development.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (esp. Excel), knowledge of Tableau, GIS, Python are favoured.
- Fluency in oral and written English. Other languages are an asset, particularly French and Spanish.
- Detail-oriented and organised thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and across time zones.
- Proven ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
This is a paid internship position (preferably full-time) to be developed through remote work arrangements. Candidates available for a minimum of three months are invited to apply.
Interested candidates kindly submit your application (CV and one-page maximum motivation letter) to email@example.com by 11:59pm Pacific Time (California, U.S.) 7 March 2022, indicating earliest available start date and envisioned duration. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview.