- This event has passed.
The Global Climate Action Agenda, a Solution Provider to Implement the SDGs
18 July 2017 @ 6:15 pm
Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and implementing the Paris Agreement require the full involvement of all non-state actors along with that of governments. Taking stock of the historic mobilization on climate change sparked by recent COPs of the UNFCCC, the side-event will explore ways to strengthen synergies in the implementation of the agendas on climate and sustainable development through multi-stakeholder partnerships. It will in particular discuss how the Global Climate Action Agenda provides an efficient and inclusive example that can inspire and serve the implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
- Elizabeth Cousens, deputy Chief Executive Officer, United Nations Foundation
- Carole Dieschbourg, Minister for the Environment, Luxemburg
- Silvia Velo, Undersecretary of State, Ministry for the Environment, Land and Sea, Italy
- Laurence Monnoyer-Smith, Interministerial delegate for Sustainable Development; Commissioner General for Sustainable development, Ministry for Ecological and Inclusive Transition, France
- Rachel Kyte, Chief Executive Officer, Sustainable Energy for All
- Patrick Oliva Co-chair, Paris Process on Mobility and Climate