- This event has passed.
Transport and Climate Change Global Status Report (TCC-GSR): Tracking Trends, Increasing Ambition
12 September 2018 @ 8:00 am
The Partnership on Sustainable Low Carbon Transport (SLoCaT), a multi-stakeholder partnership of more than 90 international organizations, will introduce the forthcoming Transport and Climate Change Global Status Report (TCC-GSR). The TCC-GSR is intended to describe transport demand and emission trends and to illustrate related policy targets and measures, in a regular and actionable report. The report will show the potential of the transport sector to contribute to the Paris Agreement 1.5 degree C target, providing a resource for policy-makers to increase ambition on transport and climate change mitigation and adaptation.
The TCC-GSR report objectives include:
- Tracking macro trends in transport emissions and policy landscape
- Setting baselines and monitor progress at sectoral/regional levels
- Raising ambition via policy targets
- Accelerating implementation via policy measures
- Describing supportive processes (e.g. financing, stakeholder initiatives (e.g. TDA, MPGCA)
For the GCAS event about the TCC-GSR the following participants are going to join:
- Event moderator (Margarita María Parra, SLoCaT Board of Directors)
- Report introduction/background (Karl Peet, SLoCaT Partnership)
- Region/country/city rep(s): Implementation of policy measures/targets (country/city context) (e.g. Netherlands, Costa Rica, TDA city reps) (TBC)
- Policy area experts: Implementation of policy measures/targets including experts from TCC-GSR eight policy areas: renewables (Rana Adib, REN21), shared mobility (Adam Cohen, UC Berkeley), walking/cycling (Ramon Cruz/Heather Thompson, ITDP)
Event structure is as follows:
I. Introduction and opening remarks by event moderator and TCC-GSR supporter(s)
II. Setting the stage:
- TCC-GSR background/key findings (SLoCaT)
- Policy/technical expert
- Region/city/country representative
- Policy area expert
III. Panel discussion: Accelerating/tracking implementation of low carbon transport
- Participants from previous segment, plus additional policymakers/policy area experts
IV. Summary and wrap-up
What is the Transport and Climate Change Global Status Report (TCC-GSR)?
The TCC-GSR aims to be the key resource for policy-makers to track progress on transport mitigation and adaptation and increase ambition in UNFCCC Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs). The TCC-GSR provides a big-picture analysis of transport activities at global, regional and national levels. It is rich on examples of implemented transport policies from recent years and a strong focus on 2017. You can find more details and examples on the TCC-GSR pages.