Internship Opportunity at Partnership for Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport (SLoCaT Partnership)
Position: Research Intern
SLoCaT Partnership is looking for a research intern who has a strong interest in global policies on transport, sustainable development, and climate change. He or she will work directly with the SLoCaT Secretariat, which is based in Changning District in Shanghai, China.
SLoCaT is a multi-stakeholder partnership promoting the integration of sustainable transport in global policies on sustainable development and climate change. Its more than 90 members include UN agencies, multi-lateral and bilateral development organizations, non-governmental organizations, transport business sector companies, universities and research institutions. www.slocat.net
The SLoCaT Foundation (officially “Stichting Partnership on Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport (SLoCaT) Foundation”) was established in August 2014 in The Hague, the Netherlands to enable, facilitate and support the SLoCaT Partnership in promoting sustainable, low carbon transport.
The research intern will be mainly responsible for providing research support on sustainable transport based on one or more of the following 5 work streams of SLoCaT Partnership:
- Results Framework on Sustainable Transport
- Financing Framework for Sustainable Transport
- Collaborative Work Program on Sustainable Transport and Poverty
- Work Program on Transport and Climate Change
- Rural Transport
Detailed information and plans under the 5 work streams can be found in the SLoCaT Partnership Work Program 2015-2016.
Duties and Responsibilities
The internship with SLoCaT Partnership will focus on the following areas with potential for expansion into other areas depending on the needs of the organization:
- Assisting with qualitative and quantitative research projects on various topics relating to sustainable transport;
- Preparing and checking collected information on the global development of sustainable transport;
- Using spreadsheet and other software to analyze qualitative data; assist in generating data summaries with graphics and tables;
- Perform any other additional task for SLoCaT Partnership.
- Able to commit to between 3 and 6 months of working full-time in the Shanghai office;
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in transport, urban planning, public policy, or other fields related to sustainable development;
- Has a passion for promoting global sustainable development through transport;
- Experiences with Microsoft office;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit their resume and cover letter plus two references in English to Alice Yiu (email@example.com). Only English resumes will be considered.