The SLOCAT Partnership Secretariat is expected to start a commissioned project to document the transport sector in Asia and is seeking a Research Assistant – Transport Economist who has a strong interest in analysing the economic impacts of policies on the transport sector. The Research Assistant – Transport Economist will have an understanding of key sources of economic indicators that shape and impact the transport sector, strong technical analytical skills, and experience with manipulating a variety of data sets to identify economic trends in the transport sector (e.g. contribution of transport to GDP, economic contribution informal transport, transport related employment, the use of market based instruments in the transport sector .The Research Assistant-Transport Economist will also support the development of project-related outputs such as a shareable database, data analysis (i.e. charts, graphics), presentations, etc.
The Research Assistant-Transport Economist will report to the lead of Analysis, Planning and Performance and will work closely with the lead of Data & Research Analysis. The position will be remote with regular check-ins with the assigned supervisor.
Type of Contract and Duration
The duration of the position is six-months full-time or part-time with immediate incorporation. Hiring for this position is dependent on the success of a bidding process.
This a short-term consulting opportunity. Each individual is exclusively responsible for compliance with all applicable taxes, tax and/or social security legislation and/or insurance legislation or any other legislation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Research Assistants will focus on the following areas:
- Conduct desktop research, including collecting, analysing, and modeling complex data; developing analytical frameworks; and writing, editing, and revising key findings of research;
- Assist other researchers in knowledge compilation, synthesis and analysis on relevant transport issues, and qualitative or quantitative analysis; and
- Prepare graphics, infographics, maps using web-based Geographic Information Systems, etc. for outreach.
- Masters Degree in Economics or related areas.
- Good knowledge and command of econometric tools, data analysis, and quantitative methods.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work remotely and in-person within a global organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Economics or related areas.
- Have sound understanding of transport economics
- Experience in the Asia region.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit their resume/CV and cover letter (1-page maximum) to email@example.com by 15 October 2020. Only resumes in English will be considered.