SLOCAT is the international multi-stakeholder partnership that enables collaborative knowledge and action for sustainable, low carbon transport and brings the voice of the movement into international climate change and sustainability processes. With a primary focus on land transport, and a geographic footprint targeted at the Global South; SLOCAT delivers on its mission through 3 mutually-reinforcing work streams; knowledge and policy analysis; advocacy and engagement, and dialogue and networking. The Partnership engages a vibrant international, multi-stakeholder ecosystem of over 90 entities across transport sector associations, knowledge and academia, governments, multilateral organisations, NGOs, philanthropy and industry; as well as a large community of world-class experts and change-makers.
The Communications and Events Intern will support the SLOCAT Secretariat in advocacy and engagement and other general administrative tasks. The intern will work under the supervision of the Senior Advisor.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Outreach and Communications
- Support day-to-day outreach and communications tasks, including assistance with social media campaigns and website management, as well as the maintenance of SLOCAT’s Knowledge Hub. Contribute to the preparation and dissemination of advocacy materials.
- Support the maintenance of the SLOCAT Secretariat’s internal knowledge management system.
- Support outreach and communications work towards key intergovernmental processes and stakeholder engagement opportunities.
- Events and meetings
- Support the organisation on multi-stakeholder gatherings and public events (primarily online), including agenda elaboration, speaker invitations, meeting materials, reporting and follow-up, IT and other logistics).
- Support internal meetings of the SLOCAT Secretariat, as appropriate.
- Provide support across the Secretariat team, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is desirable (communications/ public relations, public administration, event management).
- Fluency in oral and written English. Other languages are an asset, particularly French.
- Excellent computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office and G Suite.
- Working knowledge on design tools (Illustrator, InDesign, Canva) and WordPress is a plus.
- Detail-oriented and organised thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and across time zones.
- Proven ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Knowledge of transport, climate change or sustainable development is a plus.
This is a paid internship position (minimum 25-30 hours per week) to be developed through remote work arrangements. Candidates available for a minimum of six months are invited to apply.
Interested candidates kindly submit your application (CV and one-page maximum motivation letter) to email@example.com by 11:59pm CET on 3 June 2022, indicating earliest available start date and envisioned duration. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview.