Apply now: Research Intern (March 2023)
SLOCAT is the international, multi-stakeholder partnership powering systemic transformations and a just transition towards equitable, healthy, green and resilient transport and mobility systems for the people and the planet. We deliver on our mission through co-creation, co-leadership and co-delivery across knowledge, advocacy and dialogue activities in the intersection between transport, climate change and sustainability. Our multi-sectoral Partnership engages a vibrant and inclusive ecosystem across transport associations, NGOs, academia, governments, multilateral organisations, philanthropy and business; as well as a large community of world-class experts and change-makers. Going where others do not or cannot go individually, our Partnership is leveraged to set ambitious global agendas and catalyse progressive thinking and solutions for the urgent transformation of transport and mobility systems worldwide.
The research intern will support evidence-based knowledge production on transport, climate change and sustainable development. S/he will support data collection, analysis, research, and writing related to the production of knowledge products. The intern will work under the supervision of the Director of Data Analysis and Research.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Data collection:
- Supports the collection and organisation of relevant data sets on transport, climate change and sustainable development.
- Supports the update of existing data sets on relevant topics.
- Knowledge analysis and research:
- Supports quantitative and qualitative analyses and research related to transport, climate change and sustainable development in the global, regional and national context (e.g. SLOCAT Transport and Climate Change – Global Status Report 3rd edition).
- Supports the development of knowledge products by synthesising data and summarising key insights.
- Supports the visualisation of data into charts, graphs and diagrams.
- Support the writing of reports, policy briefs or policy insights.
- Compile and verify references and citations for SLOCAT knowledge products.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (transport, geography, engineering, environment studies); relevant work experience in lieu of degree is accepted.
- Knowledge of transport, climate change and sustainable development.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (esp. Excel). Knowledge of Tableau, GIS, Python are favoured.
- Fluency in oral and written English. Other languages are an asset, particularly French and Spanish.
- Detail-oriented and organised thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and across time zones.
- Proven ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
This is a paid internship position (preferably full-time) to be developed through remote work arrangements. Candidates available for a minimum of three months are invited to apply.
Interested candidates kindly submit your application (CV and one-page maximum motivation letter) to email@example.com by 11:59pm Pacific Time (California, U.S.) 27 March 2023, indicating earliest available start date and envisioned duration. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview.