The SLOCAT Partnership Secretariat is seeking a Research Assistant who has a strong interest in gathering data and analysing global policies on transport, sustainable development, and climate change. The Research Assistant will contribute to desk research and data collection for a project tracking the progress of the transport sector in the Asia region. The Research Assistant will also support the development of project-related outputs such as a shareable database, data analysis (i.e. charts, graphics), presentations, etc.
The Research Assistant will report to the lead of Analysis, Planning and Performance and will work closely with the lead of Data & Research Analysis. The positions will be remote with regular check-ins with the supervisor.
Type of Contract and Duration
This a short-term consulting opportunity. Each individual is exclusively responsible for compliance with all applicable taxes, tax and/or social security legislation and/or insurance legislation or any other legislation.
The duration of the position will be approximately six-months full-time with immediate incorporation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Research Assistant will focus on the following areas:
- Conduct desktop research, including collecting, analysing, and modeling complex data; developing analytical frameworks; and writing, editing, and revising key findings of research;
- Assist other researchers in knowledge compilation, synthesis and analysis on relevant transport issues, and qualitative or quantitative analysis; and
- Prepare graphics, infographics, maps using web-based Geographic Information Systems, etc. for outreach.
- Bachelor’s Degree in transport, urban planning, public policy, or other fields related to sustainable development.
- Demonstrated knowledge in one or more areas:
- Transport Infrastructure;
- Urban and rural transport;
- Passenger and freight transport;
- Impacts – Climate Change, Air Pollution, Road Safety, Energy Consumption;
- Vehicle Technologies and Fuel
- Strong proficiency in Excel and other data management tools.
- Experience in collecting and analysing big data.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Russian are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work remotely and in-person within a global organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in transport, urban planning, public policy, or other fields related to sustainable development
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Experience in the Asia region.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit their resume/CV and cover letter (1-page maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 November 2020. Only resumes in English will be considered.
Download the Terms of Reference here.