We are pleased to announce the new Board of Directors elected by SLoCaT, the Partnership on Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport which will support, oversee and advance the work of the Partnership in the next three years. This new Board brings together an extraordinary wealth of expertise across the transport and mobility, energy, climate and cities sectors.
An independent Election Committee chaired by Mr. Lew Fulton (UC-Davis) and aided by Ms. Glynda Bathan (Clean Air Asia) and Mr. Henry Kamau (Sustainable Transport Africa) monitored the elections and counted the ballots.
The following five members have been elected to represent the general membership of the SLoCaT Partnership:
- Ms. Rana Adib – Executive Secretary, REN21.
- Mr. François Davenne – Director General, International Union of Railways (UIC).
- Ms. Aimée Gauthier – Chief Knowledge Officer, Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP).
- Ms. Bronwen Thornton – Chief Executive Officer, Walk 21.
- Mr. Gino Van Begin – Secretary General, ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability.
The following four members have been elected to represent the supporters of the SLoCaT Foundation:
- Mr. Mohammed Alsayed – Manager, Public Private Partnership Division, Islamic Development Bank (IsDB).
- Mr. Sergio Avelleda – Director or Urban Mobility, World Resources Institutes (WRI) Ross Center for Sustainable Cities.
- Mr. Mohamed Mezghani – Secretary General, International Association of Public Transport (UITP).
- Mr. Armin Wagner – Senior Advisor, Sustainable Mobility, Section “Energy and Transport”, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
In the coming weeks, as the Board is officially constituted, its members will elect among themselves a Chairperson and a Treasurer. Subsequently, the Board will appoint four Independent Board members who will serve in their personal capacity. This will allow the SLoCaT Board of Directors to achieve greater diversity in terms of sectors, backgrounds, geographies and gender. Independent members also further innovative cross-constituency perspectives on sustainable, low carbon transport. These Independent Board members can be selected from an organisation that is either a SLoCaT Partnership member or a Supporter of the SLoCaT Foundation, or from an organisation not connected to SLoCaT.
From the Secretariat of the SLoCaT Partnership, we thank all members of the SLoCaT Partnership and supporters of the SLoCaT Foundation for their participation in the 2019 Board Elections, and we would also like to express our sincere gratitude to the Election Committee for their support and guidance in conducting these elections.
We are thrilled to extend our warmest congratulations to this fresh cohort of Board Members. The next three years, during which this Board’s tenure will unfold, will be critical for the long-term strategic development of the organisation; building upon the successful trajectory of the past 10 years and the tireless commitment of the outgoing Board to curate the Partnership and the Secretariat during the transition months experienced in 2018.
In the Secretariat Team, we feel empowered and re-energised by the high-caliber organisations and individuals represented by this new Board, and we look forward to working with them in the coming years to leverage the Partnership’s mission and the breadth of action to be carried out by our members.
Maruxa Cardama Secretary General, SLoCaT Partnership
For any inquiries please contact: Ms. Talya Enriquez Romano, Chief Operating Officer & Membership Director – firstname.lastname@example.org