The SLOCAT Partnership Secretariat is seeking Research Assistants who have a strong interest in gathering data and analysing global policies on transport, sustainable development, and climate change. Research Assistants will contribute to desk research and data collection for a project tracking the progress of the transport sector in the Asia region. The Research Assistants will also support the development of project-related outputs such as a shareable database, data analysis (i.e. charts, graphics), presentations, etc. The Research Assistants will report to the lead of Analysis, Planning and Performance and will work closely with the lead of Data & Research Analysis. The positions will be remote, with at least one person based in Manila, Philippines, with regular check-ins with the supervisor.
Type of Contract and Duration
This a short-term consulting opportunity. Each individual is exclusively responsible for compliance with all applicable taxes, tax and/or social security legislation and/or insurance legislation or any other legislation. The duration of the positions vary with at least two persons working six-months full-time with immediate incorporation. Hiring for this position is dependent on the success of a bidding process.
Duties and Responsibilities
Research Assistants will focus on the following areas:
- Conduct desktop research, including collecting, analysing, and modeling complex data; developing analytical frameworks; and writing, editing, and revising key findings of research;
- Assist other researchers in knowledge compilation, synthesis and analysis on relevant transport issues, and qualitative or quantitative analysis; and
- Prepare graphics, infographics, maps using web-based Geographic Information Systems, etc. for outreach.
- Bachelor’s Degree in transport, urban planning, public policy, or other fields related to sustainable development.
- Demonstrated knowledge in one or more areas:
- Transport Infrastructure;
- Urban and rural transport;
- Passenger and freight transport;
- Impacts – Climate Change, Air Pollution, Road Safety, Energy Consumption;
- Vehicle Technologies and Fuel
- Strong proficiency in Excel and other data management tools.
- Experience in collecting and analysing big data.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work remotely and in-person within a global organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in transport, urban planning, public policy, or other fields related to sustainable development
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Experience in the Asia region.
- Fluency in other languages such as Mandarin and/or Russian are an acknowledged asset.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit their resume/CV and cover letter (1-page maximum) to email@example.com by 7 August 2020. Only resumes in English will be considered.
Download the job description here.