SLOCAT is the international multi-stakeholder partnership that enables collaborative knowledge and action for sustainable, low carbon transport and brings the voice of the movement into international climate change and sustainability processes. With a primary focus on land transport, and a geographic footprint targeted at the Global South; SLOCAT delivers on its mission through 3 mutually-reinforcing work streams; knowledge and policy analysis; advocacy and engagement, and dialogue and networking. The Partnership engages a vibrant international, multi-stakeholder ecosystem of over 90 entities across transport sector associations, knowledge and academia, governments, multilateral organisations, NGOs, philanthropy and industry; as well as a large community of world-class experts and change-makers.
The consultant of Finance and Grants Management brings experiences to the operational components within the organisation. S/he oversees overall grant, contract and financial management, budget planning and monitoring, and supports operations. The consultant will work under the supervision of the Secretary General and in close coordination with the Accounting Consultant.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Financial management: Oversees financial management for the organisation.
- Works in close collaboration with the Secretary General to plan the budget of the organisation and monitor it, and to prepare relevant financial documents for the SLOCAT Board of Directors.
- Works in close coordination with the Accounting Consultant and the external auditing firm to balance budgets through tracking of expenditures and budgeting forecasts.
- Prepares financial reports for invoicing in close coordination with the Accounting Consultant.
- Grant and contract management: Ensures that all requirements of grants and contracts are successfully met.
- Leads the coordination of opening and closing of grant agreements and contracts in close coordination with project staff.
- Works in close coordination with project staff to ensure that any technical reporting is submitted on time in accordance with the terms of grant agreements and contracts.
- Processes any amendments as needed.
- Tracks all contract milestones (e.g. invoicing, technical reports).
- Proposals development and supervision: Supervises, prepares and manages new grant, contract or fundraising proposals.
- Works in close coordination with the Secretary General and all other relevant SLOCAT Secretariat personnel, elaboration supporting documents and preparing the budgets for proposals.
- Operations and administration: Supports operational and administrative needs.
- Approves monthly timesheets and expenses.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; relevant work experience in lieu of degree is accepted.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant, full-time work experience, preferably in non-profit operations.
- Previous experience on the management of contracts and/or grants stemming from philanthropic organisations and bilateral cooperation agencies operating in the field of transport is an asset.
- Strong process orientation with sensitivity to quality, timelines, and organisational systems.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office and project management softwares.
- Fluency in oral and written English. Other languages are an asset, particularly French and Spanish.
- Detail-oriented and organised thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and across time zones.
- Proven ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
This is a part-time consultancy (estimated 50 to 60% percent) to be developed through remote work arrangements.
Interested candidates kindly submit your application (CV and one-page maximum motivation letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th October 2021 at the latest, indicating salary expectations and earliest available start date. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview on 27, 28 or 29 October 2021.