The SLOCAT Foundation (officially “Stichting Partnership on Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport (SLoCaT) Foundation”) was established in August 2014 in The Hague, the Netherlands to enable, facilitate and support the SLOCAT Partnership in promoting sustainable, low carbon transport.
SLOCAT Foundation’s RSIN Number is: 854256532
Governance Structure of the SLOCAT Foundation
Constitution and By-Laws
The functioning of the SLOCAT Foundation is overseen by a Board of Directors. Five Board members represent the SLOCAT Partnership and four others represent the Supporters of the SLOCAT Foundation.
- Rana Adib, Executive Secretary, REN21
- Mohammed Alsayed, Manager, Economic Infrastructure, Islamic Development Bank
- Sergio Avelleda, Director of Urban Mobility, WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities
- Glynda Bathan, Deputy Executive Director, Clean Air Asia
- François Davenne, Incoming Director General, International Union of Railways (UIC)
- Aimée Gauthier, Chief Knowledge Officer, Institute for Transportation and Development Policy
- Mohamed Mezghani, Secretary General, International Association of Public Transport (UITP)
- Winnie Mitullah, Director of Institute for Development Studies, Nairobi University
- Shipra Narang-Suri, Chief of Urban Practices Branch, UN-Habitat
- Bronwen Thornton, Chief Executive Officer, Walk21
- Gino Van Begin, Secretary General, ICLEI
- Kalpana Viswanath, Co-Founder and CEO, Safetipin
- Armin Wagner, Head of Sector Project “Sustainable Mobility”, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
In alignment with the Chapter III of the Constitution of the SLOCAT Foundation, an independent Impartiality Committee (IC) was established in January 2016 to help the Foundation ensure the impartiality of its governance and functioning. The main task of the IC was to review the governance and funding structure of the SLOCAT Foundation, and recommend any changes needed to improve the impartiality of the SLOCAT Foundation.
The appointed members of the first IC were Maryvonne Plessis-Fraissard (Chair), Michael Fahy and Henrik Gudmundsson.
Please see: Final Impartiality Committee Report for the results of the Impartiality Committee Review
Reports of the SLOCAT Foundation
The SLOCAT Secretariat prepares quarterly reports to present the progress taken on the goals and activities indicated in the Annual Work Program. These quarterly reports are reviewed by the Board of the SLOCAT Foundation and shared with the members of the SLOCAT Partnership.
- SLOCAT Partnership Quarterly Report October – December 2015
- SLOCAT Partnership Quarterly Report July – September 2015
- SLOCAT Partnership Quarterly Report April – June 2015
- SLOCAT Partnership Quarterly Report January-March 2015
- SLOCAT Annual Report 2014
- SLOCAT Quarterly Report May-September 2014
- SLOCAT Quarterly Report January-April 2014