to promote rail transport at world level and meet the challenges of mobility and sustainable development.
Main UIC objectives:
- facilitate the sharing of best practices among members (benchmarking)
- support members in their efforts to develop new business and new areas of activities
- propose new ways to improve technical and environmental performance
- promote interoperability, create new world standards for railways (including common standards with other transport modes)
- develop centres of competence (High Speed, Safety, Security, e-Business, …)
16 rue Jean Rey